Search Results, Issue: Family Values
Did you not find what you were looking for? Try the advanced search for more precise search options.
9 item(s) matching your criteria; sorted by type.
ArticlesGet Hitched, Young Woman by Ruth Rosen, 01-30-2007
- Ruth Rosen responds to the latest efforts by conservative ideologues to change the subject in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
- Is Marriage Dead? by Ruth Rosen, 01-30-2007
- What Women Talk About When Men are not Listening by Ruth Rosen, 01-30-2007
- If you think its about sexual prowess, you’d be wrong. If you think it’s about size, forget it. And if you imagine we follow the various pissing contests going on among male liberals, you’re too self-absorbed. It’s about what I call the Care Crisis.
- The Child Care Crisis by Ruth Rosen, 01-30-2007
- High in the Andes: The Ministry of Reproductive Rights 01-30-2007
- Dr. Pablo Rodriguez reflects on his provision of abortion in an unnamed Latin American country. Introduction by Carole Joffe.
- It's Not Just Abortion, Stupid: Progressives and Abortion by Carole Joffe, 01-30-2007
- Many progressives are now undergoing a reevaluation of the “costs” of a commitment to abortion rights. Abortion can best be defended if it is framed as one element of a larger platform of sexual and reproductive rights and services. There exists now a powerful opening to expose the hypocrisy of “family values” conservatives who seek to withhold from working Americans virtually all that they need—contraception, meaningful sex education, health care for the uninsured, living wages, affordable childcare, as well as abortion care—to raise healthy families. This piece is reprinted from the Winter 2005 issue of Dissent.
- An Open Letter to Dalton Conley by Carole Joffe, 01-30-2007
- Recently, Dalton Conley, a professor of sociology at NYU, published a controversial op-ed in the New York Times, arguing that men should have to right to veto a woman's abortion, if he is willing to commit to raising the child that would result from that pregnancy. In this Open Letter, Longview Senior Fellow Carole Joffe spells out the numerous ways in which Conley's proposal is misguided.
- Sex and Politics: How the Press Gets It Backwards by E. J. Graff, 01-30-2007
- EJ Graff asks when is investigation into a public person's sexual behavior simply sensational voyeurism and when is it genuine matter of public interest.
- Sir Elton Gets Equality by E. J. Graff, 01-30-2007