Search Results, Issue: Race
Did you not find what you were looking for? Try the advanced search for more precise search options.
9 item(s) matching your criteria; sorted by type.
ArticlesDeep Roots and Tangled Branches by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- Race and National Security by Jerome Karabel, 01-30-2007
- Jerome Karabel on why preservation of affirmative action at home is vital to long-term national security.
BooksBackdoor to Eugenics by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- Whitewashing Race by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- Scrutinizes the logic and evidence behind the widely held belief in a color-blind society, and provides an alternative explanation for continued racial inequality in the United States.
Downloadable FilesExplaining Differential Trust of DNA Forensic Technology: Grounded Assessment or Inexplicable Paranoia by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- With the development of DNA technology and the professed ability to determine racial heritage from a DNA sample, law enforcement has further justification to investigate citizens based solely on race. The extent to which Americans trust the police to use this power impartially varies, understandably, by race and class.
LinksMedicine and People of Color by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- Troy Duster on an unlikely mix: race, biology and drugs
- Debating Proposition 54: Data that bear on matters of life and death by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- Troy Duster examines California's "Racial Privacy Initiative".
- New Book by Longview's Troy Duster by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- The link describes the co-authored book, *Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society*, published by University of California Press.
News ItemsTroy Duster Profiled in New York Times by Troy Duster, 01-30-2007
- Troy Duster, a Longview Institute Senior Fellow, urges geneticists to slow down and check their methods as they search for links between genes, disease and race in the October 18th edition of the New York Times.